Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - So The Zika Virus Can Be An STD...
View Single Post
Old 26th April 2016, 08:06 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Incidentally, with the Tax Day Floods last week, more rain over the weekend, rain coming tomorrow and supposedly this coming weekend, and with temperatures starting to move toward our six-month-long hot and sticky summer, Zika is coming back in our local Houston news. One of the TV stations

The flooding actually remains in some areas days after the rains are gone, although at least this isn't a Katrina. Then there's the places which might have been cleared of standing water which now are filled again. We do have the first local case of a pregnant woman testing positive for Zika. She had lived in El Salvador and came here earlier this year, but more local infections are simply a matter of time.

It's a curious coincidence that she's being treated at Legacy, which is the large merged successor to the Montrose Clinic originally founded as Houston's gay men's STD clinic in 1978.

The same station's big promo for their late news was coverage of Zika in light of the flooding. I won't have time to watch it but I'll have to remember to look for it later. I rather prefer reading to watching anyhow.

I could write on - my back yard waterfall/pond malfunctioned and turned into big algae-filled puddle - but I have work to do tonight. The pond will be there tomorrow. And the rain.
Quote |