Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Told you so.....
View Single Post
Old 26th February 2001, 01:33 AM

Horndogg
Moderator posted February 25, 2001 10:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bongo,I've already said no name calling, period. If you don't like it go somewhere else."

At the risk of being falsely accused of being bongo (which has already been done! LOL!), I have to question your way of handling things and your selectivity in choosing targets, Horndogg. Notice, I am not calling names here. I am respectfully challenging your comments and actions.

You have closed down TWO threads in this forum (Sexual Politics). Your explanation for the first one being closed down was that you did not like the direction it was going (Keith's selectivity and actions regarding the closing down of another thread were being challenged). The second time you mentioned that you did not approve of the silly name calling and joking that you felt was taking place in another thread. Now, you are telling one cruiser that he can "go somewhere else" for confronting the way he feels that this site misguidedly directs its posting priorities.

Do you see where I am going with this? It might be wise to carefully -- very carefully -- examine the pattern that appears to be developing here. Whether or not anyone agrees with Keith, or bongo, or you, or me should not be the issue. Yet, threads in which Keith (the owner of this site) is challenged and lefties confront right-wingers somehow get bolted closed. May I respectfully suggest that this does not present an image of unbiased behavior?

Names have been thrown about these forums many times over from many different individuals on all sides of the political spectrum. It is only in this forum specifically established for "Sexual Politics," in which the site owners and moderators take considerably more heat for their actions, that I have seen TWO threads closed and heard a moderator invite someone to leave.

You have the right to do this. But, others have the right to draw their own conclusions as a result of it.

Is this on keeping on the topic? Damn right it is! This thread points to control issues regarding gay mens' sexual behavior. It has been suggested that trying to control people too much avoids effectively dealing with the issue. That is also what may be going on here.