Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Risk, In Sex And In Life In General
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2015, 09:39 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Indeed, the issue of unprotected (bb) vs. sex with condoms used to be one of those major points of debate on these boards in their time and day.

I find the risk comparison quoted above rather misleading, too. Whereas the numerical information showing the risk probability may be wrong, the comparison is flawed per se.

See, I have got to work, earn my income and live my life. At times, I have to fly, drive, take trains, and eat in Paris restaurants, too, which we now know can be deadly, too. Short of committing a suicide, I really have no other choice but to expose myself to a number of possibly lethal risks inherent to daily living in order to both survive and live a reasonably fulfilled and satisfying life.

Yet, I can consciously choose NOT to smoke, and thus statistically reduce the health risks associated with cigarette smoke. I can also choose to use condom, and reduce (NOT eliminate) the risk of HIV transmission, etc..

Speaking for myself alone, I consciously choose to do everything I can do within the reason to reduce the risks involved with my daily living more as a matter of personal attitude than as a result of rational and numerical analysis of the probabilities involved. I believe in doing my best and utmost within the reason, and leaving the rest that I cannot affect to their own devices.

I also fully understand that many people choose to smoke, have unprotected sex and that they are NOT keen on doing what is within their power to minimize the risks affecting their lives. I fully agree that they are independent human beings, living their own lives, and hence, having every right to call their shots as they find appropriate. Naturally, I reserve the very same right for myself.

KD
Quote |