Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Risk, In Sex And In Life In General
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:28 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopop View Post

From the beginning of being sexually active years ago I always assumed any guy I was with had a good chance of being positive, regardless of what they said or didn't say. This is still true, and the men I'm most attracted to are close to my age. Many are long-term HIV survivors. Although I'm HIV-, many men that I know or would be likely to meet make the same assumption I do. It often goes unsaid, each of us having made it this far knowing we are responsible for our own choices.

~ Bob
This is where Bob and I behaved in precisely the same manner, without necessarily starting from the very same premise.

Unlike Bob, in those days, I used to believe that many/most(?) of the guys I was meeting for sex among the members of my college coterie were actually HIV negative guys. A few of them used to be virgins to anything sexual when I met them, and a few others hardly had any experience worth mentioning. Well, as we all know, of all the problems in this world, virginity and the lack of sexual experience are probably the easiest and by far, the most pleasant ones to solve.

But there was a nasty outbreak of Hepatitis C out there, AND I had made a very conscious decision to have sex with condoms ONLY. It was one of those things, that I refused to think/debate about. Condoms have been a non-negotiable for me in all these years.

Again, I can only speak for myself, and am very much aware of the fact that other guys may have made a very different experience. But I have never had any problems using condoms, and practically all of the guys I have been having sex with agreed to the condom use without anything ado. You fucked with condom and lube. Full stop. And you moved on without spending any time thinking about what really happened last night. That peace of mind has always been priceless in my books. And still is, to this day.

I always saw m2m sex as pure, recreational fun.

Two guys mess around, get their rocks off, and move on. If the experience was worth repeating, they'll probably do so. The sun rises in the east, we go to work/school, and still have to pay our bills, put food on the kitchen table, etc.

Call me spoiled, or whatever, but the very idea that the m2m sex should have ANY consequences for the players involved just does not sit well with me. So, I fucked the dude. (Wow!) Now, I have got to go, make doc appointments, take batteries of tests, start taking meds, pay the bills associated with all of the above? Definitely not my cupper... But I fully understand and accept the fact that other guys may hold a vastly different opinion here.

KD
Quote |