Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Profile upgrade
Thread: Profile upgrade
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 07:41 AM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Hey, Keith...

You know I love this site, and I appreciate all the hard work you've done for many years keeping this small corner of the net free for all to enjoy. So file this under "suggestion" rather than complaint, please.

I have to agree with these guys. Not too thrilled with the new profile choices available. In fact, I looked at what was available and decided I'd rather NOT update my profile. I am aware that the specifics of providing search matches require certain responses to be in synch -- however, I think a lot of men who use CFS for sexual reasons might not be quite so particular.

Also, I find a few of the "required" fields a bit odd. HIV status NOT required -- but WAIST SIZE is? I most certainly understand the need for privacy as far as HIV is concerned, but I do believe the "required" sections should be a bit more leveled out, so to speak.

I've noticed a few comments in some other threads from members who also don't feel available choices were properly suited to them.

Perhaps a "fill in the blank" option or simply a multiple choice option of "other" would be appropriate. Maybe ditch some of the more mundane "required" areas -- just let members know that leaving these choices blank might limit potential search results.

I realize this is all easier said than done. And honestly, since I don't generally come here for sex myself, it's not a huge concern to me personally. Then again, the time might come when I want to find some action here!

No matter what, I still find CFS to be one of the finest sites promoting sexual freedoms for all. So thanks.
Quote |