Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Barebacking and Black Party Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 31st March 2001, 10:48 PM

Does anyone really even give a damn that gay men are still getting infected with the HIV?

Yes, I suppose we all do give a damn or else we wouldn't be posting to these boards when the subject comes up.

I have sympathy for men who are still getting infected with the HIV. It is the same sympathy I have for someone who chain-smokes ciagrettes for years and gets lung cancer.

But, I also have another kind of sympathy for someone much like Ryan White. You do remember him don't you? In case you don't remember him, Ryan was a young 13 year old boy from Indiana who contracted the HIV from a blood-transfusion and later acquired full-blown AIDS. He suffered the humiliation and loss of personal dignity by being socially ostracised for having contracted the HIV/AIDS from blood tainted with the HIV. He was not allowed to attend school with his classmates. He was shunned by the public. He subsequently died at such a young and tender age.

Oh yes, I have a different kind of sympathy for him and others like him. Ryan White never had a choice to make in his life because of how he acquired the HIV. As adults, we do have that choice and yet we see too many people still acquiring the HIV.