Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Asians and sex clubs
View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2001, 03:02 PM

God I hate this fucking racist town...Chicago, in the fucking midwest is less racist than this and in New York this wouldn't even be a conversation. What is it about Los Angeles that makes people in general and the gay scene in particular so ignorant and prejudiced? It's the only thing I've NOT liked about this place since moving here two years ago and it's bad enough to make me want to leave.

Peter...in answer to your questions...I would actively boycott any establishment that had a policy of discrimination against any group on the basis of race, gender, religion, age or sexual orientation. To do so would be discrimination. People might be able to justify it to themselves or others for a variety of reasons, but this just makes them hypocritical sellouts. That is, unless these pussy white boys also believe that businesses should be able to bar admittance to gay men as well. Then at least they'd just be sellouts.

Maybe those of you who think this is okay need a little reminder of reality. YOU are a member of a group that is actively discriminated against. If you didn't have the priviledge of living in a liberal area, you'd have the experience of people being kicked out of clubs, fired from their jobs, harrassed, beat up and humiliated...simply for being gay. Ever heard of Cracker Barrel? Or the U.S. Military? To advocate this practice against any other group is hypocrisy, pure and simple. Not to mention that gay men have the luxury of being able to "pass" as straight as the need arises...you have NO idea what it is like to be discriminated against daily just by someone looking at you.

Y'all need to get out of the sex clubs and read a little history. If it wasn't for the civil rights movement you'd still be kickin it in back rooms...if you don't think that racial prejudice is related to gay prejudice, check out bell hooks' essay "Feminism: a transformational politic." It's all related, boys.

Peter...don't be so polite. Name names. Which establishments are discriminating? Who is the racist winning awards? Open minds want to know...

And finally, for all the people using the tired "well don't call me a racist just because I'm not sexually attracted to them" line. Fine. If you're not sexually attracted to someone then don't have sex with them. But don't trample on someone else's right to go to the same club you do to because of your own selfish need to have only people YOU find attractive around you. Other people may find your over developed, steroid laden, tweaking, shaved ass unattractive. That doesn't mean they should crusade to have you 86ed.