Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Asians and sex clubs
View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2001, 11:44 PM

This is a really great post.

1. I now know why my membership was refused renewal a few years ago at the Zone. I had a hunch that it was because I was Asian, and now I know that it's true.
2. I was also refused membership at the Vortex years ago and was told by a friend it was their policy not to allow Asians and old men memberships. I now know that that is also true.

So a few years ago I decided that I would no longer shop at any gay businesses; I haven’t been shopping at SportsClub LA or been to Rage/Mickey’s/etc. since 1995. Who wants to be around people who give you dirty looks – people who think you’re automatically cruising them because they’re white, or non-Asian. Many gay men shave their bodies, wear clothes two sizes too small, bleach their hair and ghettoized themselves – talking, acting and doing the typical gay things with others who could’ve been their mirror image. These are also the same gay men who think that’s what everyone wants – and what I’m attracted to. Fortunately, I prefer the company of gay and straight friends who accept me for who I am – just a regular guy who doesn’t giggle at sex clubs, wear prada, cologne or smell like garlic. Are these critics the same types who hang out together at Starbucks giggling and smoking together, discussing about the upcoming weekend at the newest clubs? Are these critics the same who wear too much Hugo Boss cologne, eat at a certain Koo Koo Roo and compare each others’ bodies through small-sized A&F gear?

I’ve been around the country in recent years – NY, Chicago, Philly, New Orleans, DC, SF, Austin and Houston – and did not once feel the blatant racial discrimination that I have felt in L.A. Just because I’m talking to you doesn’t mean I’m sexually interested in you. It’s called being nice – and as soon as the many narcissists in this city figure it out, the nicer it’ll be. You’d be surprised when I tell my straight friends about all the racism in the gay community and their shock and disbelief.

Back to the Zone – I’ve had great times there and met many great sexual encounters. (I also saw groups of giggling gay boys -- Asians, Whites, Latinos, Blacks. They all bugged me. After all, the whole art of cruising isn't the chit chat or the giggling). Anyway, since the Zone's a private club, it can do whatever it wants with its membership policies. Just be clear about it so that no one else will be confused about it as I was years ago. You all can then march in your yearly pride shows, but make sure that your signs clearly state Gay White Rights.