Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2001, 12:49 AM

I can't speak specifically to the issues of the posting that disappeared about the Portland police since I never saw it. I can, however, tell you that a posting of a political nature is NOT usually acceptable within a state forum on this Message Board. There are sections of the board for more free-for-all discussion, but forums such as the one serving Oregon are limited -- hopefully -- to the pursuit of sex and not the politics involved.

And to answer the critic who thinks it is hypocritical that the posting should be 'censored' I can say this: you have NO right to post anything on this message board which is a private board and thus the owner (read: me) can set policies as he sees fit. I can also appoint representatives to enforce those policies and the moderator of this forum (who, by the way, does this absolutely free as a volunteer) is that person. Your freedom of speech is not guaranteed when it conflicts with the decisions of a private enterprise -- indeed your freedom of speech ends when you read and agree to the terms of use that are required by anyone before they register for this Message Board. Whatever freedom you have is granted by the owner and, as such, can be taken away at will and with no explanation. This is true of any private organization in the USA. Having said that, I allow a tremendous amount of latitude in letting men write about tons of stuff (some that seriously offends me), but I have set up some clear rules and I ask moderators to enforce those rules.

Censorship as referred to in the weekly column about regulating the adult industry is about the government censoring an industry through various tactics. Since the government is NOT a private business it has a tougher line to cover when it decides to silence someone, but I don't have to be concerned with that issue since I'm private -- not public.

------------------
Cruisemaster
cruisingforsex.com