Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 16th January 2001, 02:02 PM

I would like to offer my comments from a slightly different perspective:

I believe that differences of opinion between readers of a publication or broadcast and those who create it will always exsist. The CFS website is no execption, and the opinions, feelings and viewpoints among the viewers, moderators and our Cruisemaster will naturally clash on occasions. If you may, please allow me to offer my opinions in the following peaceful fashion: Even though I DO agree wholeheartedly that we should be able to have unbridled freedom to post our views -- even on a free website called "Cruisingforsex.com" (my apologies to you IrishRedHead) -- we also have to take into consideration that Keith is the proprietor of CFS and has the absolute control to moderate as he so desires. Keith really is no different than any journalist or editor who is in charge of a daily newspaper or monthly magazine, if we take some time to think about it. My local newspaper will NOT allow certain language or viewpoints to be published because the managing staff has developed certain guidelines within that publication. Even gay publications and websites (for example, PlanetOut) have guidelines...the fact is, there will be some control over how we present our views, even on free discussion boards around the 'Net from time to time. I'm not defending Keith or the CFS viewers, I'm only describing things as I have observed them to be. Keith, may I propose a couple of ideas to you, and would you think them over, perhaps? 1. Would it be acceptable to you to feature a guest column from fellow cruisers each week, to give them an opportunity to air their sentiments and feelings on the current events at hand? I believe this may bridge the gap between sides and help some cruisers feel that their Cruisemaster is agreeable to sometimes controversal viewpoints. It would also allow cruisers to post in an appropriate area and give everyone an opportunity to "speak freely" in a cooperative way. What do you think about this idea? 2. Would it be a good suggestion to have a "political forum" thread under each state listing, to help everyone stay abreast (not my breasts!) of political happenings in each state? For example, in North Carolina, attempts are being made to consider reform of our state's sodomy statutes...but that may not happen anytime soon! These state forums would help -- I believe -- cruisers and others expound on the political sides of the cruising issue without detracting from the "cruising for sex" aspects of each state's listings. Would you see a possibility in such a forum on CFS? I'm asking you in a respectful way because I do remember perhaps a few years ago when you wrote to me privately a couple of very sweet letters and I have never forgotten your kind words. I can see both sides of this issue and it would sadden me to see such a wonderful service change in a less-than-favorable direction. I don't know how I first discovered CFS, but I can say that it's still the best site for cruisers anywhere. I hope that everyone can reach an agreeable compromise on this issue.... Peace to all!

[This message has been edited by blackguy469 (edited January 16, 2001).]