Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2001, 02:52 PM

There isn't any "clarification" left on my part to do, Keith. I'm not identifying myself in order, as Jake correctly put it, to appease the curiosity of your wounded vanity. Your performance in San Diego, your followup commentary to it, and your "association" with Scott are public record. Nor do I need to reiterate my points, all of which I stand by. But if it makes you more comfortable, I'm not alluding to any major assault against those of us working for sexual liberation. My impression in those contexts, like this context, is that you just don't "get" that this is about more than the freedom to suck cock without interference.

This string would not have been created and it would not have been joined by others if there wasn't the real experience of you, or your moderators, controlling expression in ways some of us find objectionable. (I guess you think we are suffering a collective hallucination.)

I think when you said that you don't enjoy these kinds of threads, you made adequate explanation of why it's so easy for you to dismiss what is important to the rest of us. It is pure assumption on your part that people object in great measure to the insertion of political material in the same place they look for sex -- or that they object more than many of us do, to, say advocacy in the LA room of barebacking. To generalize allowing Portland's difficulties pertinent to sex to be aired to opening the door to posts promoting "whaling measures" is just specious and pointless argumentation. We GET that it's your board, your preference and the rest of us be damned.

Perhaps instead of pursuing my identity, evading issues and defending yourself so vehemently, you could take a look at your rules and their enforcement. As I said, you have never struck me as having a committment to sexual politics that had much depth -- I think it's clear even in this particular forum it's just about sucking cock freely to you. But I never regarded you as a serious enemy of free expression either.

You've made your opinion known. Some approve, some don't. It's obvious you're not engaged in any rethinking of it and I have utterly nothing more to say on the subject.