Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2001, 10:30 PM

Good words, bongo. Profound insight. I cannot say the same thing for the CFS founder.

Keith, I don't get much from your responses other than that you have gotten your panties in a bunch over side issues rather than focusing on the original issue that stirred up the conflicts in the first place. Namely, some guys who posted a thread at CFS did not like the way one of your moderators handled removing it. You never intervened or offered an explanation from what I gather. It took a challenge from one of the cruisers who initially posted the thread that was removed in order to get you to finally respond.

As this thread here progressed, your main focus became finding out the identity of one of the cruisers here and making him explain himself for what he said about you. You casually dismissed the original conflict and poo-pooed the concerns of the cruisers who questioned your actions (or lack of them). Instead, you have made battling the guy who ruffled your feathers the focus of your concerns. Again, you clearly couldn't care less about the other issues that have been raised here.

You don't see the significance of any of your reactions?

It's encouraging that you allowed this thread to progress without closing or deleting it. You have taken some real heat. I think that this is a step in the right direction. An important dialogue is taking place in which you are allowing some honest feedback. I see that as a good thing.

But, you have to take the next step. Maybe an apology is in order from you? No matter who did what initially, you are inevitably responsible as the owner of this place. If you do nothing but suggest that its your site, and you can do what you like -- then you are revealing a bias and a lack of fairness. You have the right to do this, and others have the right to observe it and denounce it.

It's that simple.