Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2001, 05:44 AM

Yeah, same here, and I should have said that early on. I've had a bunch of posts deleted by a moderator who then even deleted the posts questioning the propriety of the deletions. Then he retaliated by attacking me personally. When I contacted Keith, I had the same experience of defensiveness and indifference we've had here.

Keith's attitude is not a bit different from those bar owners who banished safe sex education from their venues because they didn't want to bring "down" their patrons. ("Of course, we don't disapprove of safe sex education. Why, we've given lots of money to AIDS organizations. It's just that this isn't the place.") It turned out it had much more to do with THEIR values -- economic -- than their patrons'.

Most of them woke up and maybe Keith will one day, too. It ought to be evident from the INCREASE in oppression of queer sex that the time to turn up the volume is NOW. This is not the time to compartmentalize, to Balkanize the struggle for sexual freedom.

Mmmmkay, I'm done. I think.

[This message has been edited by bongo (edited January 18, 2001).]