Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2001, 08:39 AM

Bongo:

So I'm gathering you don't really know what you're writing about with all those assertions you made earlier about me? That you weren't in San Diego at Sex Panic to witness anything? Can't imagine what foolishness I engaged in since I was pretty much an observer. I would occasionally perk up to urge activists to focus on the sex panic rather than nationalizing health care, but that was about it.

As for Scott, you obviously didn't know him personally or understand Steam the way you imply you did. I feel that I can speak with some authority about Steam since I edited every single word that appeared in that publication. And I know exactly how complicated Scott was as a person, including his politics.

I also know the fundamental reason he started Steam: for business purposes, he needed a tax write-off. The politics that flowed came after that fact so please don't tell me about how I just don't get it. I helped created it so I certainly got it.

Meanwhile, Bongo can continue to whine about how he is being censored. All the more remarkable since of course if that were really the case no one would have ever read a word he wrote here.

My apologies to those who resent that I have taken a role in this thread to defend myself. It has fortunately been rather rare that people have used my free website to attack me personally. Maybe my skin isn't thick enough.

Keith

------------------
Cruisemaster
cruisingforsex.com