Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2001, 09:32 AM

LOL...Nice try, Keith. You still avoid the issues. The only reason we're reading what we're reading is because you and your mods were effectively called for once on the issue and it's contained in the way YOU want it contained. That you don't get how backward it is to marginalize a city's particular sex politics in the back of the board because it turns you or a few other people off to read it in the city's own room is astounding.

If you just set aside the issue of my attendance in San Diego -- I was there -- and my friendship with Scott, you'd have nothing to talk about, would you? You're just using your objections in that respect to cover your ass elsewhere in the way anyone uses a smokescreen. I wish I had not raised the two points because they've become your excuse to avoid the issues and I'm not willing to disclose my identity to someone who has no interest in conversation.

Lemme get real clear for you, Keith. Put San Diego and Scott aside. MMkay? Your mods kill posts with your approval. They do it rather frequently. You have the idea that everyone shares YOUR sentiment that politics should not be injected at the same place cruising takes places. Some of us think this policy is backward and that its enforcement represents censorship and is in fact damaging. You say no. We say yes. You won't leave it there. Fine. You're not interested in rethinking anything -- fine-- but PLEASE SPARE US your obnoxiously circular logic that because you haven't killed this string our complaints about OUR OWN EXPERIENCE have no basis. (In the same way, you earlier argued that because you are private you have the "right" to censor and it's therefore "right" in itself.) There is a word for that kind of thinking. I won't bother to share it with you.

I'll continue to read CFS but with the same attitude I've read it for a year or longer -- that it's kind of sexy but also an example of how the very people who claim to be working for sexual liberation often work against it.

Now, I REALLY am done. Have a nice blow job.