Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2001, 11:13 PM

*(sighing)*

Keith, this is only going to get worse the more you obsess on defending your vanity in order to avoid dealing with those cruisers who posted the thread that was deleted. Examine the order of your prioroties, please. The people who claim that they feel slighted by the actions you defend (having a thread deleted here by one of your moderators) come second to preserving your vanity. Either you really don't give a shit, or you are totally clueless as to how you are coming across right now.

The operative word here is clueless. Bongo suggested that you were clueless in how he saw you come across at some function. I was not there. So, I cannot form any conclusions on that incident. But, your posts in this thread do not disprove a tendency towards cluelessness on your part.

As far as the guys here who defend your right to do what you want go, they may have more at stake than the obvious. I don't recall that anyone in this thread denied your right to do what you care to do at your own club. It is your actions and the values that motivates them which is being challenged. The cruisers who defend bias and selectivism and sex devoid of political discussion (or any reference to those damn radicals and liberals) may have a lot to lose if all of the above is allowed to have freer reign around here. Maybe they need a playground in which sex is leered at and profited by instead of openly discussed or seriously promoted as a means of challenging fucked-up systems of repressiveness.

Now, I get it. This is a (wink! wink!) dirty place that doesn't really take gay sexual behavior seriously. It tiptoes around it. But, it is really about how naughty and bad it is even while the cash flows in endlessly. Making it "serious" and open would take away all the fun. The majority of people get off on the shame aspect of all of this. Screw liberation and free speech and all that other globbal-dee-gook.

Is that what this is all about, Alfie?

Got it.