Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2001, 01:25 PM

The reason that I narrowed the focus of an earlier thread is that right wingers kept changing the subject. Liberal-bashers are not good at sticking to the topic, especially an unwelcome one like homophobia within the right wing.

I didn't ask about toilet doors or government paychecks or Florida millionaires. I asked a simple question: Given that not all right wingers are homophobes, is there an easy way to tell the sheep from the goats?

I didn't get very good answers, and now I know why. Homophobia is part of a cluster of attitudes not usually found among gays. You don't expect to find this attitude among gays themselves. But when people oppose equal rights for gays can you call it anything else but homophobia?

I wonder, frankly, how gay right wingers really feel about themsleves. They don't sound like they affirm their own identities.