Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 30th March 2001, 08:54 PM

The question I'm ducking is: "Can't you be man enough to criticize democrats when they sponsor legislation you oppose??" (It has to be that question, that's the only one that was asked.)

I said I don't like questions that ask if I'm man enough. That's nobody's business. And it's not relevant to the question.

If the Democrats harbored homophobes the way the Republicans do, I would encourage gays to abandon them as well. If politicians want gay votes, they should earn them.

Legal remedies are certainly appropriate in questions concerning classes of citizenship. I'm not ruling out other remedies. If they work for you, knock yourself out.

I did not advocate government action as the only recourse available to gays, I simply don't rule it out. Coercion is an inherent part of government. Imagine civil rights in this country if that weren't the case. Let's see you get back your security deposit from your landlord if laws were only suggestions.