Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2001, 12:43 PM

So you think the Massachusetts State Police are not going to enforce the state's sodomy laws? Maybe its time for another reality check here.

Massachusetts has two anti-sodomy laws (read: anti-gay ) on the books:

F272-34, Crime Against Nature
F272-35, Unnatural and Lascivious Acts

Since the Massachusetts State Police is the principle law enforcement agency, what assurance to you think people have that those sodomy laws will not be enforced against gays?

Unless the Legislature of Massachusetts repeals the sodomy laws, those laws will be enforced as they have been in the past. Public policy announcements, such as the recent one by the State Police, are dubious and facetious.

If you believe a state law enforcement agency is going to ignore its obligated law enforcement duty for ultruistic and benevolent reasons (i.e., respect for gays having private sex in public places), there are some bridges in New York and California I'd like to sell to you at bargain basement prices.
=============================================
With respect to the Medina v. MGM Grand Hotel, Inc. Case before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Rather than rely solely upon newpaper articles to get your facts, it is far better to go to the source itself. In this case, you could have read the opinion brief itself.

I believe you have the honest but mistaken belief that news articles by various writers are without personal bias. Sadly, as we all have done many times, we sometimes rely too much on what is written in the various media without ever challenging the conclusions reached by a particular writer. My suggestion here is for you to go to the source and read the legal opinion. You may or may not agree with the opinion. But, at least you will become a better informed person.

[This message has been edited by SunDogg (edited April 02, 2001).]