Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2001, 11:04 AM

Posted by Penis:
"Well jake you did exactly as I expected: personal attacks & name calling.Logic & reason are not in your vocabulary! Black folk are 95% liberal democrats. Jesse Jackson,Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, naacp, etc. seem to speak for you and represent your ideas.It almost seems as if every black thinks the same way."

Again, I would like you to point out where this alleged nasty name calling you accuse me of is evident in my post, Penis. I disagree STRONGLY with your values as expressed in your comments about Black people and Gays conforming to heterosexist "norms." I am entitled to disagree with you just as Black people and others who cherish diversity have a right to react with anger to your insulting remarks. Perhaps, you are not used to people that you have no time for (like African-Americans, liberals, women, or radical left-wing Gays) speaking back to you. Maybe you would prefer that we remain quietly in our place and do as we were told by guys like you? Your pretense to claims that you are about freedom of speech without personal attacks is laughable. You attack Black people by claiming that you feel they have to get used to not belonging in certain areas, and then you have the nerve to accuse others (like me) of attacking you. Your denial and hypocrisy speak for themselves. Nothing that I could say could implicate you for your nonsensical sense of White superiority and denial about your own Gay identity any worse than your own posts.

Posted by Penis:
"My question to you: Would you allow professior shockley or jensen's theory to be heard, objectively and rationally discussed???? No booing, jeering, heckling, disruptions, etc. Verite means the truth- are you afraid of it??The nation has every right to hear what these scientists had to say.You must learn to attack the message not the messenger!!"

Yes. I welcome people to express their views freely. I think that it is important for all of us to be reminded of just exactlty what is out there. Your values clearly indicate that many of our worst enemies are members of our own gay community (like yourself) who alienate non-White cultural groups. Your comments dismiss the validity of the oppressiveness that many non-White people experience in America. YOU have clearly made comments which attack the integrity of liberal thinkers and non-White cultures. YOU must learn that when YOU attack others, it is not inappropriate for them to react strongly and defend themselves.

There are many Gays who are proud of diversity and cherish the experience of other cultural groups. You are clearly not one of them.

You are also not the type of Gay man who has historically made any difference for Gays in America. It is ironic that it was dark-skinned drag queens who inititated the Stonewall riots so that conservative Guppies like you could have the freedom to speak out. It is precisely the people who you dismiss who made your current freedom to speak out possible, Penis. You would not have this forum or many of the other freedoms that you currently take for granted if it was not for them.

Somehow, the significance of this fact and the reality of Gay history seems to escape you and your other Gay pals who staunchly defend conservative, White, heterosexual values as acceptable norms.