Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2001, 11:58 AM

Someday some Sociologist will uncover the signicance of how a website supposedly DEVOTED to Gay cruising and the pursuit of sex (including PUBLIC sex) attracted so many die-hard conservatives on the message boards. LOL!

They say that like attracts like in relationships. So, the question to ponder is what there is about the message boards at CFS that attracts the type who protest sexual fredom and liberal values. It is not a stretch to assume that a site that promotes itself by supporting Gay sex and Gay public sex would attract a lot of Gay people who support these values. Yet, many of the comments on the message boards contradict this assumption.

The next question is whether or not the select few who visit the message boards at CFS truly represent "the voice" of the Gay community at large -- or are they simply a few guys looking for a way to sound off about the world according to them?

The internet breeds strange bedfellows. I do not doubt that some people who post on these boards are genuine about their views. I also have no doubt in my mind that there are probably some posers who simply post in order to provoke and instigate others for the sake of flaming. Some are genuinely educated and politically informed. Others are giving themselves false titles and making false claims in order to promote themselves and their agendas. This happens on the net everywhere. There is no avoiding it. There is also no use getting overly upset over it.

But, the conservative posts here are striking considering what CFS proports to support and promote. That does say something significant. Someday someone will uncover what the contradictions indicate.