Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2001, 04:11 PM

Posted by Mercury:
"Jake2001. I think Sundog is deliberately fucking with your mind."

No doubt this is probably true. It probably has been true throughout most of these threads.

If you read my responses I think that you will see that I consistently try to affirm WHY I disagree with the POLITICAL stance that Sun and those who share his agenda support.

Some agree. Some do not. But, this IS all part of the point of the discussion. Such posts are completely relevant to any thread discussing Gay politics.

I agree with your point about Sun baiting me and others.

I also think that I understand what you are trying to say about keeping the discussion polite. Well, I see your point to a certain extent. But, politeness did not win wars and politeness was not what Stonewall was all about when the drag queens confronted their oppressors. Sometimes, a little aggression and confrontation is a healthy thing. Personally, I think it is what is lacking in the Gay community today -- which explains why we are being pushed back into the closet again.

Frankly, I am surprised that someone even had to ask a question like, "Are all Right-Wingers homophobic?" Any Gay person should realize at this point in time that, historically, the political RIGHT has consistently supported agendas that encourage financial benefits while ignoring SOCIAL issues. The fact that so many Gays are willing to overlook the SOCIAL aspects of being an oppressed culture because they are blinded by potential financial rewards reflects a return to homophobic standards. Homophobia is a SOCIAL disease. You don't get rid of it with money.

I cannot get anymore direct than that, Mercury.

Posted by Mercury:
"I think both you and Sundog need to turn down the rhetoric and stick to the topic."

In all fairness, your ENTIRE post was about nothing but your feelings about the way you perceive Sun and I in our responses to each other. NOTHING in your post addressed the political aspects being discussed. Is THAT keeping on the topic? I get what you think about Sun and the way that you perceive me responding to him. But, what do YOU think about the topic being discussed?

[This message has been edited by Jake2001 (edited April 06, 2001).]