Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Right Wing Homophobia
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2001, 09:07 PM

I wish I could drop out, go to graduate school and hang out in the Student Union. I would drink coffee and debate issues like whether sexual dissidents are the only real radicals still around. Or whether bourgeois homosexuals exemplify the repressive tolerance that Marcuse wrote about in the 1960's What lively arguments we would have in the mid-afternoon. But alas, my student years are over.

These days I go with what works for me, whether it's intellectually defensible or not. Among my discoveries is that I don't worry about being manly. I was never manly, and now it doesn't bother me. I'm also admitting that not much of an American either. People talk about "our" plane going down over China, and I don't give a rat's ass about it!

It does concern me that I am more likely to be locked up as a criminal when the Republicans are in power than when the Democrats are. That's why I support the Democrats. I am not scandalized that Democrats are politicians. If I was that upset about purity I'd go to grad school!