Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Whitehouse Office of National AIDS Policy
View Single Post
Old 13th April 2001, 09:04 AM

So Bush appointed Evertz, leader of the Wisconsin Log Cabin Republicans, to head the Office of National AIDS Policy...

It would have made more sense for Reagan to make such an appointment. Or the president's dad.

Considering the current demographics of the health crisis, I'm sure that the only reason Evertz got the job is because he is absolutely the most knowlegeable person about AIDS in this country. No doubt he's the most capable man for the job.

Then again, perhaps he got it because to many people in the presently ruling party, having a Republican gay guy in charge of AIDS, is weirdly tolerable, seems logical & makes a kind of twisted sense...

It does seem a bit late though...

I wish us all well, no matter what our politics, as this whole thing unfolds. If you are involved in a political party, keep the folks in office aware of your concerns. If you are someone who prays, I'd highly recommend that as well.