Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Told you so.....
View Single Post
Old 26th February 2001, 07:15 AM

Oh, mea culpa, Hornndog. I didn't mean to say anyONE was stupid. I meant to say a policy that forbids cautious talk, such as discouraging injurious behavior like barebacking, in a cruising forum is stupid.

And it is. I'll repeat what I said before about this:

A. It is fundamentally treating US as stupid -- as unable to handle reality in the place we do our cruising. You don't for one analogy of a thousand possible, tell people not to warn others about the police in a cruising forum, but -- how DUMB can you get?? -- you warn them not to question unsafe behaviors.

B. It is identical to the practice of bars early in the epidemic to not permit the dissemination of safe-sex materials because they thought it would ruin people's party.

C. It's controlling expression in order to protect the fantasies of the board's managers. It serves NO useful purpose.

If it's not a stupid policy, it's not, um, very well thought out. It's thinking with your dick without a condom on.

Thanks for the invitation to go elsewhere. Mainly I do, but I"ll continue to stop in and comment. Maybe YOU should move to a new medium, since your suggestion that I go away is ANOTHER example of the way you would rather control expression ...on the freakin' internet of all places.

Perhaps you should lock this thread.