Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Safe Group Sex and Barebacking?
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2001, 02:59 AM

knkslut, you wrote::

Quote:
simple solution for your cum-theory:
take that same self-responsibility idea you have about a hiv-neg group & apply it to everyone: "I will forego cum in the ass (& use condoms for anal) because there is a high risk of aids or other disease. If I want to play with cum, I'll do it OUTSIDE of the ass, where there's no risk"
Everyone is forgetting that my proposal is not only to protect against HIV (i.e. poz cum in your ass), but also against ALL STDs, including Gonorrhea, Syphilis, etc. Not only HIV.

There are great numbers of married/attached guys who are too scared of ALL STD, not only HIV. So, your idea of catching cum outside the ass is not the solution for these guys. A simple blowjob, that for most men who have sex with men may seem harmless, is terrifying for many married guys.

Currently, the only alternative is: "I'm clean and disease free." "Oh, yeah, I check myself all the time." How do you validate this information? The answer is: An Information System.

For the slightly paranoid individuals I would like to repeat that this would be completely up to the individual. Also, this is not registering with the government either. Take as an example the following situation:

Two men meet on the chatline. They start talking and they decide that they wanna have fun together. "Are you clean? Because I'm married and can't bring any diseases home." They realize that they are both in this program. This would mean that they get check periodically and that their sexual practices may be discussed with a counselor. Attention paranoid guys! You don't have to register in this program and discuss with a government spy your STD status! It's a voluntary program. Once they realize that they are both in the program, they can, on the phone, login to their access code and check the other guy's latest test and exam results. Maybe these men don't want any anal, but are still worried about diseases. This is what the purpose of this program. IT'S NOT ONLY FOR GETTING CUM UP YOU ASS!

There are many men who very seldom get tested for anything, not only HIV, which is a concern with the health department. This may also encourage men to get tested.

Then knkslut wrote an interesting comment:

Quote:
also there's the wildcard concept: why would someone with lots of safe opportunities go & do something risky & unsafe? = Hugh Grant is a well known actor that women find cute, who got busted with a prostitute in his car on a street in Hollywood. WHY would a guy with so much opportunity to get laid take such a risk?
I explain this at length in my community. It's a need that most men have to exercise their "private sexuality." Most men need impersonal situations for sex where the partner is nothing else but another body to obtain self-gratification. Hugh Grant, although good-looking and with many opportunities for sex, he would sometimes choose, like any other man, a "body" to fulfill whatever fantasy he may have.

The same thing happens with most men. Many men are married, love their wives, but they need impersonal encounters where they can enjoy their "private sexuality." Or, with gay men with a same-sex partner. No matter how much they love each other, there times when these men will feel a need to have "impersonal sex", that is "private sex," where the lover has no business.

It's this need for "private sexuality" that pushes men to impersonal sex. Since childhood, men have been having "private" experiences with their sexuality, and later on in life, masturbation.

TheSexWizard