Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Page six NY Post (Sullivan)
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2001, 08:11 AM

Hope y'all read the wonderful mediawhoresonline.com now and then.

From MediaWhores.com :
Andrew Sullivan addresses rumors

Andrew Sullivan on President Clinton in his most recent column (5/27):

Anybody who thinks he has changed is fooling himself. These patterns of behaviour are driven so deep they will almost never change. In this sense, Clinton is once again a sex scandal waiting to happen. And the scariest thing is that he barely knows it.

Andy on the rumors about himself (AndrewSullivan.com, 5/30):

I ignored them as I have learned to ignore most such threats over the years. To answer them is to give legitimacy to the very premises of their argument: that the most intensely personal details of someone's private life can and should be used for political purposes.

Andy on Clinton (5/27):

Witness what happened in Oslo after Clinton gave his speech two weeks ago. Rather than retiring to bed, Clinton went out to dinner with some students at a branch of TGI Friday, the American restaurant chain. A 19-year-old girl presented him with a tulip. Clinton gave her a hug. "You're too beautiful to only get a hug," he told her.

Andy on Andy (5/30):

What, after all, was McCarthyism? In the history books, it is described as a method of political intimidation where someone is accused of something allegedly shameful, not told who his accusers are, and forced to respond.

Andy on what journalism has become:

This morning, the New York Post has run a lead item, after a perfunctory phone call to ask me if there was any truth to the story. This is what journalism now is.

Is "This" the same "This" Andy praised as when he defended Drudge as cutting edge journalism just weeks ago, despite Drudge's vicious smears against Sidney Blumenthal?