Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Page six NY Post (Sullivan)
View Single Post
Old 16th June 2001, 01:08 AM

"No, Bingo, I do get it. What you have never understood is that you must follow the rules for posting to this board. You were mistaken in the belief that you had the right to post to these boards. In fact, you were given the priviledge to post here provided you observed the rules. After having many of your postings edited or deleted in their entirety, you have learned the value of being civil. Just as a newpaper editor has the obvious power and advantage of newsprint ink to bury their critics, the administrator and moderators have the power and advantage of the keyboard to do the same. A valuable lesson learned don't you think?"

Hahahahahhaahhahaha!!!! Gotcha again, didn't I, Old Boy?

How does the above follow out of your regurgitation of the usual libertarian speech about Locke? In case others here are unaware, Sun is just repeating what he reads on libertarian sites when he has these flights of language (just as he co-opted ideas from others in the Sullivan argument after revising himself rapidly when Sullivan confessed). I suspect your knowledge of Locke ends and begins with a web page.

Locke is a philosopher that sad group of people called libertarians pirated as their grandfather. Libertarians are skilled at adopting the dead -- in the way they incredibly refer to the Federalist Papers as libertarian documents. Please, Sun, simply because Locke avered something doesn't make it true. He's one of three important empiricists but there are many thinkers, namely the Continental rationalists, who have plenty to say about Locke.

I suppose everyone noticed that, as usual, Mr. Doggy didn't address the substance of posts but ranted in his usual beside-the-point way, ignoring that his fundamentalistic notion of the law is a fantasy, just stamping his rhetorical foot via John Locke.

But I am most amused by his lecturing me about my posts being edited by the moderator, who just today ASSURED me that he has often edited Sun. So, I hope the moderator notes that Sun agrees with me that he has singled out my posts, like Jake's, for editing and deleting. (Surely, if the Philosophical Sun felt equally culpable he would not be making this argument!) I also note, the moderator leaves the rewrite of my name as "Bingo" extant after deleting a post in which I called Sun by his many, many screen names.

A madhouse, really.

Back to you and your "Locke for Beginners" lecture, Sunny. By the way, your bad spelling takes the sting out of your, um, brilliant appropriations of others' thinking. Actually, it's when you're not, um, rewriting other people that your spelling breaks down most conspicuously. I love it when you pound your shoe on the desk but can't get the words out right! Learn to spell renowned, privilege, etc, Comrade!

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: bongo ]