Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Food Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2002, 07:59 AM
Doctor Wu
Cruiser

Wow, Icon is now the food king! Good picks from him, although I have to admit I still haven't been to half of the places he listed - and I live here! No good excuse. I get lazy and tend to eat at the same places.

One of the Thai places he mentioned, Ton Khrueng, is on Sukhumvit Soi 55, also known as Soi Thonglor. They had a branch on Sathorn but it closed recently. The remaining location is a great little place (well, mid-sized) and is always busy. It's near Soi 13 almost next to the token Starbucks branch. Food is always very good. I'll also second the raves on Athena and Kuppa. Another place I always like is one of those hidden gems, that even I forget about sometimes. It's the Thai Room, over on Patpong Soi 2, just a few doors down (quite conveniently) from Screw Boy bar. Anyway, the Thai Room has, as its name suggests, has Thai food - and everything I've ordered has been VERY good (their Tom Kah Gai is the best I've had). Plus, they feature many Mexican dishes (one of their specialties te menu says) that they do quite well. And you can also order an array of other western (ITalian, German, etc.) and Asian (Chinese)dishes. Something for everyone. So I can take all my guests there and everyone is satisfied. Atmosphere is very funky and dated - the place has been around since the 60's (if not longer) and it looks like it - with musty old booths and dim lighting. So, no awards for plush ambience but I like places like this. Very comfy and the service is decent.

I also like the food at Bussaracum but I find the service a bit weak and too over-the-top . They see you're a farang and assume you're a dumb tourist who has never ordered Thai food before. Too many suggestions and attempts to get you to order more food or set meals than you could possibly eat. Either that or they ignore you after they've determined you're not going to order lots of alcoholic drinks (which I don't do with meals) or expensive seafood platters. Anyway, a good place for food - with nice presentation, but I seem to get annoyed more and more with the servers each time I go there.

Shit, I've bitched enough. Lots of good places out there. I also love Cedar, off Sukhumvit, for Lebanese food.