Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Food Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2002, 09:22 PM
Jamie
Cruiser

I think I agree with Icon almost 100%
I would like to add that Le Banyan is by far the best non-hotel French restaurant closely followed by Auberge Dab.
For Thai food Sphinx on soi 4 is excellent and gay, Baan Kanitha on soi Ruam Rudee and Red Pepper in The Rembrandt Hotel are good. Also in the Rembrandt is the Rang Mahal on the top floor which is my favourite Indian.
A lively, cheap and tres gay place to dine is Thang Long at the bottom end of Langsuan close to the park. It's Vietnamese food with some Thai items.
A new and very posy place further down Langsuan is Calderazzo a stylish new Italian place which is showing great promise 1 month after opening.
If you really feel like a great dinner The New York Steakhouse in The JW Marriott is the place to go it has excellent food and service.
There are several listings magazines with varying shades of impartiality. Bk magazine and Metro are the 2 most honest followed by Guide of Bangkok and a host of others who will praise the pants of any restaurant which advertises with them!!
Most of the restaurants mentioned by Icon an myself are in the higher price range for Bangkok. This does not mean they are expensive by international standards, compared to HongKong or UK or US or even Phuket! they are a bargain! One word of caution though wine is very expensive here! at many of these places you can bring your own with a corkage fee of 300Baht. In Pattaya try Bruno's, Sugar Hut, Casa Pascal and Hard Rock Cafe!
Oh and a word to those who are forever moaning about having an extra page to discuss topics such as this, YOU SHOULDN'T BE READING THIS NOW!

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]