Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Food Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2002, 06:11 AM
midwestbttmboy32
Cruiser

Hi Boys......
Just got back from bkk and thought I'd add my two cents....
I agree with Icon that Zanotti is one of the best restaurants in town--not just one of the best Italian, but one of the best overall. Make a reservation; it's not expensive compared to many hotel restaurants in bkk, and much less than one in the U.S. or Europe.

For a great Silom-area, western-friendly, Thai meal, with English menus and fresh, good food, try Sim City, at the corner of Silom and Soi Saladaeng, very near Saladang Place service apartments.

Also popular is Noodi, a noodle shop just at the entrance of the soi leading to Freeman.

I lived in Japan for 5 years, so am picky with Japanese food. I am not impressed by "fancy" Japanese restaurants; I like good, cheap, authentic Japanese food. A good place to go is called Zen. It's in Siam Square Mall, near CD Warehouse (used to be Tower Records).

For fancy Thai meal in intimate, gorgeous surroundings, try the Thai place in the Sukhothail Hotel. We sat outside, and it was really lovely. Wonderful service, too.

Or, just get some pad thai on the street somewhere.....that helps a local business owner directly! Enjoy.....