Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Food Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 9th February 2002, 03:49 AM
raebkk
Cruiser

Yeah, Oishi is a Thai-run "Japanese and Chinese and seafood restaurant". The Japanese part is decidedly non-authentic while it sure can be found quite scrumptuous by many (the stuff-more-chillies-and-pla-ra-in-my-sushi crowd). Out of 499 Baht you fork out, I would guess, at least 2/3 goes to pay their advertising bills. Working in the advertising business myself, I always feel kind of stupid going to over-advertised places. It sure works fine with aspiring second-generation bourgeois, but we, petals, sure know better, don't we? +GRIN+

On the other hand, I've never seen ANY advertising by Kozo Sushi, yet the place is packed all the time (even with Japanese at such a non-Japanese place as The Mall Bang Kapi). I checked their Thaniya location, they said they only have the buffet on the weeekdays before 2PM. Too bad. (

Come to think of it, Kozo also has various kitchen-made dainties, thought the fare varies HUGELY depending on the time of the day (and maybe on the cooks' mood, I've no idea). They make sake no misoni, nasu no misoni, chawan-mushi, shishamo, saba yaki and other thingies among others that I can think of off-hand.

Btw, Yam Som Oo (pomelo salad) at Khun Churn's is DELISH only at 35 or 40 Baht or something.

For the lovers of African and Arabic food, there's quite a nice if run-down establishment on Soi Nana serving authentic (judging by their clientele) stuff. The name is Al-Hijaz and they are strictly Halal -- no alcohol or pork allowed though some curry-spiced cock-sucking in the loo is (I guess).