Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Herpes Risk From Oral Sex
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2000, 11:27 PM

A very recent study from UCSF (and several others in the past) have established that, although lower risk than getting fucked raw or even with a condom (they break or slip sometimes, you know), and in an absolute sense very low, taking a load in your mouth *is* higher risk than sucking without taking the cum (HIV can be in precum too, but it's alot lower volume than cum, so it's less likely to infect you if it's there... one little virus cell is prolly not going to take hold), which is riskier than sucking with a condom, but who does that?

Swallowing is not usually the problem -- it is cum in your mouth that is the problem. If there are breaks in the skin in your mouth, it can get into the blood that way. You can't always tell when you have a tiny sore in your mouth. If you recently flossed or brushed your teeth (within a couple hours -- don't do that for an hour afterwards either) or have active oral herpes or cancre sores, that's a really good reason not to take a load in your mouth, or even precum.
Saliva does seem to have some anti-viral properties, but it's not foolproof and the guys who insist that cumming in mouths is safe are fools deluding themselves. I have buried a friend who *never* did anything but suck cock. It does happen, even if it's rarer than other methods of transmission.

If you think shoving the cock into your throat and letting the jizz go down that way will save you, think again. Deep throating can bruise and abrade the membrane and make it more permeable -- in other words, you treat your throat rough enough and the bug can creep in there, too.

Statistically, sucking without cum is such a tiny risk it's "virtually" safe, and most of us are willing to take it. I believe in everyone's right to decide for himself exactly how much risk he's willing to take. But don't fool yourself about how much risk you *are* taking. I think too many guys assume/convince themselves that sucking with cum is just as safe as without, simply because they *want* to do it so much. I'm not saying I never taste the stuff, but I'm *mighty* particular about whose. Suffice to say I don't include strangers I meet at a toilet, about whom I know nothing, in the group.

------------------
33 gwm brn/blu 5'8" 175# handsome cleancut guy loves to give head and stroke you.