Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - A Naked Man Stuck in My Computer!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2004, 10:04 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Respectfully... I run P2P applications all the time. Like right now, for example. I have never had one problem with running P2Ps and still using AdAware.

Now, I DO stick with eMule and BearShare as a rule, so I could very well be wrong on some of these other P2P apps. But as far as these two are concerned -- eMule includes NO spyware, so it's not an issue. As for BearShare... well, all that bullshit warning you get telling you that if you remove Save or WeatherCast you may disable BearShare -- that's just bullshit. It works perfectly with those spyware items removed. HOWEVER, I suppose it is important to note that I do NOT use AdAware to remove them. They are simple enough to remove manually. One can be deleted from Add/Remove Programs, the other by opening the folder it installs to (Save) and just running the uninstall that comes with it.

The only minor annoyance is that when uninstalling these items, you are directed to a website which asks you WHY you are uninstalling. It only takes a minute to check a few boxes, though. What I DO like about this is that there's an optional area for "comments." So I like to type stuff in along the lines of: "You motherfucker pieces of shit, I hate you and despise your evil, spying software. Die, die, die." Or close to it, at any rate. Oh, what fun!

BearShare upgrades itself rather often, and if you don't accept the update sooner or later, functionality starts to suffer. It gets harder to connect to other peers. Upgrading fixes that, but it ALSO reinstalls Save and WeatherCast, so you have to go through the removal process again. Oh, well... the "price" we pay for P2P is still pretty low!

As for KD's nifty little problem -- no way in hell am I touching THAT! Good luck, man...
Quote |