Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - A Naked Man Stuck in My Computer!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2004, 08:51 AM
Corey
Moderator - Orange County

If it works for what you need - no need to change. I never used Win95 myself. I was an old DOS guy & I refused to upgrade from win 3.1 to Win 95 (which I still have an old system on 3.1 actually). When we bought a new computer - I almost still put 3.1 on it but made the change to 98. I had 98 probably for about 5 years I guess. I refused to get ME. But I did get 2000 Pro & now I have XP pro. I would say that XP Pro is one of the better ones that MS finally came up with.

I would try to stay away from Compaq or HP. Get a Dell. Compag & HP put too much proprietary crap on their systems - as you can see by just scanning thru your programs. All those CPQ programs - I hated them. And try to add something to one of those system - pain in the ass. Dell - you open it up like you do the hood of a truck. Very easy to put in a new HD or something. Just make sure - modems are becoming obsolete / optional & now even 3.5" floppies are optional on most systems.

Not as innocent as one might think
Quote |