Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Gonorhea Alert
Thread: Gonorhea Alert
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2004, 10:44 AM
cutguy
Cruiser

Now that I'm back, I must take umbridge with a few points. (Spelling is my greatest flaw, mathematical prowess is my second)

First, you are not going to get HIV via kissing. Having a dork rammed down your throat while lips are pressed together is kind of hard to imagine. And the odds of deepkissing a guy/gal, with bleeding oozing gums, cram packed with HIV virus, just after you get out of the periodontist's chair after having extensive gum work done is virtually inconceivable to me. You can make the same case for handshaking and mosquito bites. It doesn't happen.

Next, the global HIV transmission pandemic was not the result of gay male sexual behavior. It was in the US, where thank God, we have such a low HIV/AIDs burden when compared to the world.

This pandemic was well underway before that flight attendant stuck his dick into some poor schmuck in some unknown LA bathhouse in the mid 1970s. It "exploded" here with some 11 cases being reported in 1981. I haven't checked my stats lately, but here in the US we may be dealing with a cumulative 1,000,000 infections, a large number of whom progressed to AIDs and have subsequently died. The rate of tranmission here in the states is extremely low, when compared to the world in general. The reality for the planet is that in 10-15 years, all economic progress in Russia will cease to exist. India, which briefly lifted its head into a global techno economy will be decimated. China will bear the brunt of close to half a billion deaths within the next 20-30 years. Africa is gone. Southern/South Africa will not exist as we know it. All those democratic strides. End of aparthied. Waste of effort. Meaningless. Nothing. Nada. Today, 25% of the population is infected, 100% die, and most of em are still fucking without condoms.

No my friends. We may be a lot of things, good and bad, but we as a gay community did not unleash this horror on the world. Heterosexuals, and IV drug users did, and continue to do so. The gay contribution is miniscule (thought I admit, hardly non-existent)

Now have a good day.

Dr Danny
Quote |