Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Gonorhea Alert
Thread: Gonorhea Alert
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2004, 08:19 PM
VirginiaGuyNow
Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to VirginiaGuyNow
Angry

I decided to check out this board tonight because today's Washington Blade (7/16/2004) had two full page ads regarding a rise in syphllis cases and the need to be checked as sometimes STDs can be without symptoms. I immediately began worrying about my own sexual conduct which is almost always oral, if it occurs at all lately. Most people on these boards give the impression that they think of oral sex as a no-risk sexual activity. I know when I have cruised around an adult theater I have never noticed anyone getting out a condom before oral sex and with the openness of the people and the lighting it is possible to notice this. I know, however, that I have been influenced by the posts on this Web site that never seem to mention safe oral sex or even disparage the use of condoms in oral sex. I have not used them, but can't imagine that oral with a layer of latex is very good for either partner.

I did pick up some itching a couple of years ago after one encounter and went to the doctor, who found that it was a urinary infection. Unfortunately, he also found the my PSA had gone up to 8 and I began tests for prostate cancer that eventually showed that I had that much worse disease. (Not caught from somebody else, I assume). In this case a minor infection helped to find a much worse one, so maybe somebody was looking over me that night.

I see quite a few guys look for partners who are bi and married and older, (I am not married now, but bi and older). I suppose they think those are less likely to have HiV. I have read that older men actually have a higher rate of HIV because they often cannot get hard enough for a condom (like me).

In the countries where AIDS is wiping out millions of people the disease has gotten into the general population, including women (married and single) and children. I hope that does not happen here, but it could.

Finally, I am not sure what I will personally do, but believe it will hard for me to start using a condom in oral sex. I'll give it a try though. I have not even tried anal, but wouldn't without a condom. Getting an erotic massage can be relaxing and satisying and even when paid for, not too expensive. Even getting a jo from a partner can be nice, if not as good as oral.

I am glad this long thread was here as it had many good posts that were helpful for me to sort out my concerns. I guess I am convinced that unprotected oral sex is still risky, especially if there are a lot of those bugs out there.

Bi
Quote |