Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Moist Towelettes
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2004, 03:03 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Quote:
Can I pick my nose after having my finger up some truckers ass and still feel good about it?
Dude, this is the funniest statement I've read in a long time! Gotta love it...

The answer is... probably, but use caution anyway.

My vehicle is pretty well stocked with just about anything I might need for any given situation. I also have antibacterial hand gels, a few moist towelettes, paper towels and napkins, road flares, a GPS unit, a camera, ALTOIDS at all times, CDs and audio books, an umbrella, car wash supplies, pen and notebook, some Skittles and/or Starburst, a snake bite kit, a toothbrush, mouthwash, rags, a bottle of alcohol, two gallon jugs of water -- and the list goes on. It is all, however, neatly packaged and organized. We don't need to tell anyone that I have two small teddy bears hidden in there, too...

Anyway, here's the thing. Most of these antibacterial products use simple ALCOHOL as their active ingredient (not all, but most). This will easily and effectively take care of the "standard" germies you'll come into contact with during daily life and various sexual encounters.

As I'm sure you already know, these antibacterial products aren't going to do a thing for some of the SERIOUS stuff that's out there, and they sure aren't going to offer protection against the vast majority of viruses. For the most part, you'd have already been infected with an STD before you could wipe off any skin surfaces anyway.

But I know your question is not about using these products for STD protection, just wanted to toss that in there for the kiddies out there.

Using the example you gave which I enjoyed so much, about nose picking after finger fucking... It all depends. Antibacterial wipes may not be sufficient to kill all the bacteria in hard to reach places, such as under fingernails. Generally, though: they'll help sanitize your hands just fine. Since mucous membranes in the nose are delicate, if you were to scratch them with your nails and allow for bacteria to enter... it might not be the best idea in the world to go digging for that annoying booger right after the hot trucker.

I once described a similar situation, with a dude who shoved my finger in his (unclean) ass. We're talking VISIBLE mess here. Even after having doused myself with SeaBreeze and antibacterial gel, AND washing my hands in a nearby restroom with soap and water, I STILL waited until I got home to wash again before touching my own face.

Generally, we are told that washing WELL with soap and water is all we need to do, but in situations where these are not available, antibacterial products come in handy.

My own nails are always extremely short, so they are easy to clean, but as long as we just use our common sense and wash up well after a messy encounter, we'd be fine (exceptions made to those who need to take extra precautions, those with weak immune systems, etc.).

Some products use triclosan (sp?) or another chemical as an active antibacterial agent. I am too lazy right now to look up the difference in effectiveness between these and alcohol, but I suspect the resulting boring bar graphs would be quite similar.

Perhaps Dr. Danny can answer that off the top of his head, but it's kind of obscure.

However, he may be able to answer this: would Hibiclens be the best possible product for killing bacteria in hard to reach places?

This shit is awesome and extremely powerful stuff -- surgeons and medical professionals use it clean their hands. I keep this in my shower for a kind of strange reason, which I'll discuss later if anyone wants to hear.

Only problem is that it requires water to rinse it off, so it can't really be used in out of the way places. Also, it is NOT a good idea to get use it above the neck or get it into any bodily opening, nor use on the genitals. "This is NOT a toy..."

It's also pretty expensive, but it does last a LONG time.

Bottom line, after all my blather: wash up well, using whatever methods are available to you at the time.

My own personal choice for cleaning up -- I douse my hands with pure alcohol, then wash with soap and water if available (only in messy situations, not on a daily basis).
Quote |