Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Exploding Poppers
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2004, 01:11 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Exploding Poppers

Well, this was something new, though not as dangerously exciting as it sounds.

We're all aware that poppers are explosive, but I'd always figured some sort of catalyst would be necessary to make them actually combust. You know... a blow torch or something of that nature.

I was tidying up my office/guest room/sex room this afternoon. I keep the newest bottles of poppers out and at the ready for use, but some of the older ones that are not yet placed in the freezer remain in a small wooden box which sits on a small marble table.

So I decide to move some of these to the freezer or toss bottles that are seriously old and stale. Opening up the little wooden box, I can see that one of the bottles is shattered into several dozen pieces, some still held together by the label.

What's odd is that I never smelled the resulting spilled liquid. The wooden box was pretty much soaked with it, the bottom is now warped, though it has been dried for quite some time.

The broken bottle was the only one in there that was NOT Jungle Juice. It was Amsterdam Poppers.

I have never had this happen before. I've dropped bottles and shattered them or at least shattered the plastic caps, but I have never had a bottle spontaneously break apart like that.

I've mentioned before that I have some ANCIENT poppers left from "the good old days" in the freezer, too. These spent years at room temperature, then were frozen, transported 1,200 miles at one point, frozen again, etc. No problems. The Amsterdam Poppers were about four months old and have been sitting in this same room for the entire time, air conditioned, not in any sunlight, never moved, shaken or stirred!

It's certainly no big deal, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. Also, I recall some dudes here who say they have taken poppers on trips and checked them with their luggage on airlines. So clearly, even a baggage compartment's extreme pressure changes don't result in a popper explosion, though it is still my recommendation to NOT take poppers through airport security! It would be a huge issue if someone had to explain what the volatile, dripping fluid leaking out of their luggage was to an unpleasant security screener when they arrived at their destination.

Anyone else ever run into this kind of thing?
Quote |