Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Help!
Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 18th August 2004, 06:18 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

I know some of us bored you to tears with all our techno-babble, probably me at the top of this list, but it IS good info to keep on hand.

Honestly, I'd print out this thread and keep some of the info handy for the future.

Regarding Service Pack Two for XP... once downloaded and installed, the included firewall will be turned on be DEFAULT.

If you set XP to do auto-updates and have broadband, your computer will take care of this task for you. Find this setting in Control Panel. Right now, SP2 is going out to those with auto-updates turned on first. You can still get it manually, but MS suggests waiting for the server traffic to diminish in a few weeks.

Enjoy your new computer. I'm jealous, but not a lot! My system still has a LITTLE life left in it.

Incidentally... if you have bought a scanner yet, I would recommend a Canon CanoScan. I just got one from NewEgg Dot Com and it ROCKS. For $60, you can't beat it. Shipping was 99 cents via FedEx. It arrived in three days. Same scanner costs $100 in retail stores.

And if you want a webcam, I'm VERY pleased with my Logitech Pro. You DO need to spend $100 if you want a quality pic from a webcam. It's worth it, though. Use full auto settings and you'll get great results every time.

Us geeks are familiar with NewEgg; they have been around a long time. THE BEST service ever. I highly recommend them for upgrades.

Have fun.
Quote |