Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - webcams
Thread: webcams
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2004, 10:42 AM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Oh, yeah. Sorry, forgot one thing:

IF you get the Logitech cam, it will install with a tiny piece of software that has something to do with optimizing your cam for use with Yahoo and other instant messenger programs. This is now obsolete so you don't need it.

Just look in the folder where the shortcuts for the cam software are installed. Try each one. I forget the name of the one you don't need, since I removed it already. When you start it up, it will tell you there is an upgrade, and take you to Logitech's website. Once there, you'll get a message saying you no longer need to upgrade and don't need this item anymore.

Just use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove it.

You also don't need your cam software to load in your tray if you don't want it.

The only item I use is Image Studio. It's more than enough for me.

A few things will load at boot after the cam is installed. Just leave them unless you have problems. I doubt you will. Us geeks hate shit loading at boot, so we us that MSCONFIG to remove them. All you need to know is that if you want to remove anything the cam loads at boot, it is safe to do so. The cam will work just fine without them, loading what it needs when it is turned on.

For the most part, the bottom line for inexperienced users is this: just install the cam and have fun. Odds are good you won't need any of this technical shit, but it's here in case you do.
Quote |