Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - webcams
Thread: webcams
View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2004, 05:51 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Having already answered GWT's question privately, I suppose I should answer it here as well, for the two gay geek dudes left who have followed all the boring PC talk in this thread!

My thought process went exactly like this when I was picking out that name as an example: "GWT has talked of meeting up with truckers. I know he likes sucking trucker dick. Truck... suck. That rhymes. Sounds good. What would catch MY eye as a WCN screen name? Yeah, I'd look at a guy with the handle of 'TruckerSucker.' Works for me, I'll use that."

However, there could be another reason why this came to mind.

I have a photographic memory. If GWT ever posted this information before, or had it listed in his profile, it could have easily just stuck in my head. This is creepy to some extent, I know. Yet it sure made studying in school a breeze. I look at something and it just kind of STAYS in my head. This is why I have so much trivial bullshit information floating around that I tend to post here. The more something interests me, the easier it is to retain it, too.

This used to freak out my ex a little bit. I knew his Social Security number immediately from the first time I saw it. If you give me a piece of paper with up to sixteen digits on it, I can look at it once, then stuff it in my pocket. I'll look at it maybe two more times that same day, then I remember it... just about forever, unless I intentionally TRY to forget it. So it may not be a good idea to leave credit cards out around me! Just kidding... Putting a number in my pocket... I don't know why that works. I kind of PICTURE it written down inside of my Levis and... I just remember it. Go figure.

I'm just a regular member of CFS like anyone else, albeit the guy with the biggest mouth and the fastest fingers on a keyboard, probably. I don't hack information, I don't get any special treatment or communicate with anyone here about other members. Anything I discuss with anyone else in private email STAYS private -- ALWAYS.

And of course, an even simpler explanation exists: "great minds think alike." I happen to think "TruckerSucker" is a pretty good moniker! I'd pay attention to that name if I ever saw it, so... there ya go.

You're more than welcome for the cam info. Have fun with it, ignore the assholes out there. Print the thread if you need to refer to any of the technical stuff later on, but I think you'll be just fine. Install it and play.

Oh, I guess there IS just one more thing of a tech nature that you might want to keep handy...

If you find any problems with WCN Java chat loading, or your cam freezing TOO often, or Java chat from other sites bogging down -- just clear your Java cache. Open CONTROL PANEL. Open the JAVA PLUG IN applet. Click the tab at the top for CACHE. Click the button to clear it. You can also remove the check mark to enable caching, but you don't have to. It's very easy and can speed things up tremendously if that cache gets filled up with too much crap.
Quote |