Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Risks of BB for top
View Single Post
Old 5th September 2004, 11:41 AM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Talking Fooling ...

Nope, I did not mean 'you' as in you, personally but 'you' as one, or anyone who acts in that manner.

I also agree that risk management is a better alternative than a non-productive 'Just Say No' approach. For most people 'Just Say No' really does not represent a viable alternative at all.

When it comes to unprotected sex, I do however advocate a very firm 'NO' even at the risk of sounding like an alarmist. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying 'NO' and practically all of us do it very frequently. You have to draw the line somewhere. I clearly draw it at the point, where I know that the life of others and myself might be endangered. This is acceptable to the most. Saying 'NO' to having sex with other people is both ridiculous and unviable.

No matter what the arguments are, some people will do what their instincts tell them to do. Those of us with a strong self-preservation drive will most likely stick with their 'safe sex practice'. Those with 'a strife towards death' will play their own version of the worst Russian roulette and will possibly take the others with them on their way...

Yet, there is a significant number of people out there who are trying to make an educated decision on how to behave. I see every virtue in simply telling them where to draw their lines in a most unambigous fashion. There is a huge body of scientific evidence to support this view. Few will take the trouble to go through it and the others will simply accept the strength of arguments expressed here.

KD
Quote |