Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Can you get a virus or bacterial illness just being in an ABS or Adult Video
View Single Post
Old 7th September 2004, 11:34 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

You're welcome, George.

I think what you are essentially asking is if a person with a weakened immune system is more likely to leave behind common germs which might cause a cold or flu, etc. This would be correct, in theory -- if a person has HIV he or she is much more likely to carry around a bug for a longer time; it's tougher to beat it when the immune system is weakened. But it doesn't necessarily mean healthy folks will catch it from that person each and every time there is passing contact.

A person with a weakened immune system is also susceptible to getting sick from bugs which healthy folks can shrug off without even noticing it. So if those bugs are hanging out in an ABS, most healthy guys won't even react to them. But the more standard cold and flu germs -- sure. We can get those, just like we can get them anywhere else.

And don't forget -- it is not necessarily true that people in bookstores are ALWAYS more likely to have an STD. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on too many factors to list here. But what's important to remember is that people with STDs and HIV ALSO go to the supermarket, they go to Target, they try on clothes in JC Penney's, etc. If they have a cold or flu, we can get it in ANY of those places.

But yeah -- bookstores can be pretty filthy in general. Most supermarkets as a rule do NOT have men ejaculating semen all over the store shelves. However, I would possibly consider shopping at such a place if I ever found one: it might be fun to watch guys blow loads onto cans of creamed corn, you know?

The simple fact that bookstores aren't cleaned all that often is proof enough that there's going to be a tremendous amount of bacteria floating around, and some of it may get us sick. But it's nothing to worry about: I've been in gas station restrooms that were even more disgusting than any ABS I've ever seen.

I have no idea if a person who has an STD OTHER than HIV would be at higher risk of getting a cold and passing those bugs around. That's a question for the doc, but I still don't think it's anything we need to worry about.

Flush the toilet with your foot, open the door with your elbow. And by all means, don't make the mistake I did and sit on a ripped vinyl booth seat with the stuffing sitting out! Otherwise, you'll be fine.

I'll end my part in this discussion here -- I wouldn't want to be alarmist about anything, you know?

Quote |