Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Seems Things are Changing
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2004, 06:33 PM
mascguybost
Cruiser

While I don't have fun injecting political agenda's, look for any excuse to get pissed off to rationlaize my views, or have fun slapping hypocrasy labels on people as Scruffy's post may suggest, I do have a sincere interest in social problems and how we deal with them.

As for this law, yes, all workers, no matter what industry have a right to be protected from bodily fluids that could lead to disease. I'd just hate to see the law become a tool for a witch hunt against gays and it's a situation to be monitored to make sure that doesn't happen.

As for the smoking issue, like HIV, when it comes to Cancer, you die as well.

It's not so much I would call someone a hypocrite who smokes and preaches about unsafe sex, it's just that I beleive we can't be throwing stones unless we are looking at our own self destructive behavior as well. Meaning, the smoker may find it hard to understand why someone would bareback knowing the health risks and the barebacker may find it hard to understand why someone would smoke knowing all the health risks. If they both realize how difficult it is to stop whichever self destructive behavior it is they have, they should take time to understand the other persons before they cast that stone of disdain.

I have great concern for these kinds of problems and try to be a part of the solution when I can. It's just my opinion that laws, fines and red tape are not very effective and the underlying problems are never properly addressed in order to help curb them.
Quote |