Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Dr. Danny--Oral Warts Question--Redux
View Single Post
Old 15th October 2004, 11:58 AM
cutguy
Cruiser

I hate being asked questions I don't have decent answers for...

First off, oral warts are extremely uncommon. Genital warts are certainly not uncommon. If anything, I see more genital warts than I do acute STDs.

I am not aware of anything that would increase the resistance of a mouth or other oral membranes to an HPV infection. That being said, all the cells of the mouth are shed very quickly. Burn your mouth on hot pizza, and it hurts like hell, but by the next day, you are healed. It is my guess that once an HPV hooks onto an oral epithelial cell, odds are pretty good that the cell is going to be shed long before the virus goes on to do its thing. Don't quote me on that, just my educated guess. And again, as I said above, oral warts are very uncommong, penile or vaginal warts are not

Next, warts are neither aerobic or anaerobic. Technically, they aren't even alive. The above terms refer to an organism's ability to produce energy utilizing oxygen as an intermediary molecule. Warts don't do any metabolism on their own, so oxygen tension on/in penis or vaginal membranes probably doesn't enter the equation. But if we are getting technical, the mouth is a pretty anaerobic place, believe it or not. And a pre-menopausal, estrogen enhanced vagina is aerobic. We have to worry about anaerobic infection coverage when we treat oral infections, but generally speaking, vaginal infections are infrequent because of the oxygen loving bacteria in there protect against the anaerobes. When women do get infections, they tend to be of the anaerobic type, because something broke down.

Moral: A little pussy might scratch, but they don't bite. Be nice, and don't you bite either.

Hope this relaces a little confusion with more confusion.

Dr D
Quote |