Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Old Guys Need It Too
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2004, 06:34 AM
mascguybost
Cruiser

Butch, if your response was a stand alone essay, I would completely agree, but in response to the post, I'm not sure it applies here.

Rejecting someone you're not attracted to at an ABS is not grounds for being convicted of subscribing to the "idealized fitness" norm our culture has created, and that includes the 60 year old man.

On a purely sexual level, we are all attracted to different types and if someone is not getting the kind or frequency of play they care for, then there are ways to attain it, within reason of course and I think Man addressed the issue appropriately.

Back to your thoughts Butch, I do agree that there's and "ideal fintess" norm in our culture as our culture is highly sexualized and this is where the walls come up and prevent us from being more united so to speak. Because we are all male, any kind of first interaction with each other can be a potential date, sexual encounter etc., and it's difficult to meet guys on a purely social level, hence, creating great gaps between generations in gay men as well as gaps between different "types" of gay men, be it bears, jocks, circuit guys etc.

In my own life I do try to make an effort to swarth that off and meet different types of guys.

So, I agree with both posts here, yet in two different kinds of situations.
Quote |