Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Gonorrhea of the throat
View Single Post
Old 5th December 2004, 11:42 PM
GuyTopeka
Cruiser

Thanks for the info.

You confirmed what I suspected: that a person could have gonorrhea of the throat exclusively and be asymptomatic.

As for getting myself checked, nothing to get checked, symptom-wise. The sordid fact is that every holiday season, when I go out of state to visit family, I wake up with a sore throat within 2-3 days of returning home. And this year, like all years, it happened again. It is usually mild and always clears up within a week. Near as I can tell, familiarity breeds not only contempt but a mild infection of the throat.

Since I like oral sex, this annual sore throat means I am "celibate" for the week or so it takes for the dang thing to clear up. Mine has cleared up right on schedule. But getting the yearly sore throat got me thinking about the "what if" scenario of incurring gonorrhea via oral sex. And, having visited relatives recently, I got to wondering if, potientially, I could unknowingly be a carrier of gonorrhea and give it to my hirsute aunt just by kissing.

There is a local health clinic and they are competent, but usually swamped. I go to them to keep my tests "off chart" and off insurance. I get tested for HIV every six months, and syphilis yearly. I guess an annual throat swab for gonorrhea should be added to the list just as a precaution.
Quote |