Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Gonorrhea of the throat
View Single Post
Old 11th December 2004, 01:39 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

The suggestion to look through your local gay newspapers is a good one. You can also stop in or call the bars or any bathhouses in your area -- usually you can find someone who has some decent information to pass along. Folks who work on a daily basis with the gay community are generally "in the know."

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "gay friendly clinics," however.

I'd HOPE that there aren't too many clinics around that would be unfriendly to a gay person who is seeking testing or treatment. As far as I know, medical professionals do not discriminate based on their patient's sexuality.

Except maybe in rural Mississippi and certain parts of Arkansas...

Also, try just looking in your telephone directory. Browse the standard medical listing, but also take a look and see if your directory lists anything for gay and lesbian services. Many directories indeed have sections for regional chapters of gay organizations. Most larger cities also have a sort of gay chamber of commerce kind of thing -- I forget what they are called, but I've used these services a few times when traveling. They can put you in touch with just about anything even remotely queer.
Quote |