Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Odd Happennings
Thread: Odd Happennings
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2005, 11:23 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Talking More Tolerance...

I also believe that an increased level of general social acceptance works towards reducing the number of 'marriages' concluded purely for the sake of social acceptance, etc. A major issue, the fact that a number of gay men would like to have their own offspring and will do what it takes to get there by creating 'a family' of some sort, remains to be addressed.

I am aware of the animosity frequently expressed against the bisexual men on the part of the gay men. Hostility and animosity have never helped this world to be a better place, though. Yet, I see an explanation, if certainly not a justification for those feelings. When it comes to purely anonymous sex, I frankly, could not care less, if the guy I am having it with happens to be bisexual, gay, 'straight' or not. There and then, he is my play buddy and that's all that matters.

At the moment some sort of a relationship develops, be it only the good, ole' f-buddy model', the purely gay buddy who has no other commitments clearly gets relegated to the position of lesser importance. 'Dude, I have my family to take care of, first...' (You come in distant second, third or whatever...) Most people understand this in theory but feel very unhappy once they are in position to experience the role of a 'secondary partner' themselves.

I have been there once and have gone through that kind of experience. His need for discretion and his family-related objectives became everything. Our relationship meant nothing. I certainly have no intention of going through anything of the kind ever again.

KD
Quote |